What is Calcium Carbide?
It is a chemical compound of formula CaC2 for industrial use in the production of acetylene gas.
Calcium carbide is applied in:
- Acetylene production: reacting with water generates acetylene gas.
- Production of Calcium Cyanamide : CaC2 + N2 = C + 2-5H2O.
- Steel Production: Carbon, Iron and Other Chemical components.
- Carburettor Lamps: Carbon and alkali or alkaline earth metals, with water.
- Deoxidation of slag and fuel.
- Desulphurisation of pig iron, steel and cast iron.
Distefano Consultoria, according to its quality policy, is an agent for import and export of the best suppliers and manufacturers of Calcium Carbide in accordance with ISO 9001-2000 quality standards, to meet great demands for the production of acetylene gas.
The carbide is packed in 100 kg and 50 kg drums.